One Family. One Company. One Passion.
In 1882, Herman Tauck arrived in New York City from Germany in search of the American dream. His determination and values were passed on to his son, Arthur Tauck, who would realize that dream. With ingenuity and an innovative spirit, Arthur started Tauck Motor Tours, a travel company that would give birth to a new industry. The first tour, through the back roads of New England, was created by this 27-year-old in 1925. It embodied the same successful formula used by Tauck today: Craft a life-enriching travel experience; provide it at a single all-inclusive price; ensure there is great value for money; and rely on recommendations of satisfied customers to build a following and grow the business.
Today Tauck delivers life-enriching travel experiences to every corner of the globe, incorporating not only motor coaches, but also small cruise ships, elegant riverboats, trains, helicopters and more. What started as a New England motor coach tour company has truly evolved into an extraordinary global travel company. While remarkable in any business, this seamless continuity across generations speaks to shared vision and values.
Throughout its history, the concept of “family” at Tauck has gone far beyond those sharing the surname to include hundreds of valued employees, and hundreds of thousands of loyal guests. The story of Tauck is the story of a unique American family company celebrating a passion for travel – a story that will continue to inspire generations to come.
How You See The World Matters
It’s easy to see the world’s sights. To stand in long lines, push through the crowds, and generally have the same standard-issue vacation as everyone else. But that’s not good enough for us, and it’s not good enough for you. We believe that travel should be easy. It should be fun. It should be worth your time and the price you paid. It should re-energize and transform. And above all else, it should be beyond the ordinary. Because how you see the world matters.
- Travel In Good Company
- We take care of every detail on your Tauck vacation so you completely connect with the destination
- Our Tauck Directors provide warm, caring, thoughtful service throughout your trip
- Each guest is treated as an individual, with their own needs understood
- Guests share the experience with like-minded travelers
- Never Settle For Ordinary
- Tauck’s 88+ years of destination expertise provides exceptional local access for travel experiences that are beyond the ordinary
- Trips are seamlessly choreographed to maximize guests’ time
- Stay at fine hotels in prime locations, selected for comfort, ambiance, service and convenience; dining includes authentic regional cuisine at local restaurants
- Quality means everything when you travel – innovative sightseeing and cultural events inspire
- Inclusive Value
- One up-front price with virtually everything included
- No hidden costs, no surprises and no options sold on tour
- Over 100 cost components included on every land tour, river cruise and small ship cruise
- Our business is driven by word of mouth – positive referrals from past guests and travel professionals