Globus was founded in 1928 by Antonio Mantegazza in Lugano, SwitzerlandThe Globus story takes us back to 1928 in Lugano, Switzerland. Our founder, Antonio Mantegazza, had been fascinated with travel and the wonder he saw in the eyes of travelers to his home country. The Globus portfolio has expanded from Switzerland and Italy to the French Riviera, Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium, England, North and South America, and adding Africa, the South Pacific and Asia to its array of vacations in Europe.
Think about all the great things you plan to do on your vacation. Now picture it going perfectly. That’s what it feels like to tour. Bypassing the waiting lines at attractions, enjoying the company of your fellow travelers instead of driving on your own, walking into your hotel lobby and loving it every time. Not a moment of your priceless vacation wasted.
With Globus, it goes beyond planning perfection. After more than 85 years we’ve come to know vacations like no one else. And we can’t wait to share its stories with you. Those unforgettable details about the colorful characters and places that will transform your visit into a lasting memory. Throughout your Globus tour your destination will be brought to life by expert Tour Directors who will share those stories and their intimate knowledge of every location and landmark.
With more than 225 guided vacations to more than 70 countries on six continents, Globus gives you choice to ensure you’ll see the world the way you want.
- VIP Access – skip the lines and get special treatment at the must-see attractions.
- Local Favorites – We take you behind the scenes to spotlight what makes your destination unique—and to introduce you to its local flavors.
- Inside visits to major and must-see sites are included in the vacation price.
- Central Hotels – we’ve done the work to find just the right hotels in the heart of the city.
- Tour Directors – take your heads out of the guidebook and let expert guides make every destination fascinating.
- Transportation – leave the navigating to us – and just sit back and enjoy the ride.
- A variety of travel styles and specialty travel includes Cruise & Tour, Family Travel, Religious Vacations, and more.
- As you encounter famous sights, you don’t just view or drive by—you visit, taking the time to go inside and learn the stories that bring them to life.
- The ideal combination of free time and planned activities results in the perfect getaway.
- Portage is included! Not handling your own bag really enhances your vacation experience.
- A dynamic blend of transportation includes deluxe motorcoach, rail, air, and cruise—we make getting there part of the fun!
- Many great meals are included in the package price—for a great value plus freedom to experience the local fare as you wish.
- As the most recognized Tour Operator in the industry, our vacations receive five times the recommendation rate as our nearest competitor, and we’re the escorted travel provider of choice by Travel Weekly, Recommend magazine, and Travel Age West.
- Globus escorted travel receives a 97% satisfaction rating on our customers’ post-vacation surveys.